Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 16, 1986


I can't believe that it has been 25 years since my dad went to be with the Lord.
Some of my favorite memories about dad are:



  • When we were little we went swimming and dad would swim under water and let us ride on his back.

  • Almost EVERY night he would make popcorn with peanuts and we would eat to our heart's content. (I think that is why I still love popcorn.)

  • We used to have a wonderful time playing cards, with Mom, Dad, Grampa and Gramma.

  • He could build ANYthing. Houses, barns, bridges, wood splitters, christmas tree stands and a cradle for his granddaughter's babydoll.

  • He loved to fish, hunt and farm.

  • He always made home, feel like home.


  • I am so thankful, that when I get to heaven, my Dad will be there, to help me feel at home!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

i wish i got to know him better/longer! can't wait to see him again in heaven! love you grampa!!