Friday, May 6, 2011

May 7

Tomorrow, marks the 33rd anniversary of the death of our first-born son, Christopher James. He was a beautiful boy - 4lb 13 ounces of cuteness. When our son, Matthew was born, I was amazed at how much he resembled his brother, Christopher.


It seems like these 33 years have really flown by. Even though it has been so very many years, the loss really doesn't seem any easier than it was those many years ago. I wonder what our life would have been if we didn't lose our baby boy.


For the most part, I think that his death made me a much better person in many ways:



  • I became a Christian after his death


  • I gained such an intense sense of the value of life, children and family


  • I have such an appreciation for the promise of Heaven, eternal life and the Word of God.


  • I have been able to encourage others who have lost their children, sharing the comfort that I myself received from the Lord after Christopher's death.

Tonight, as I sign off, I pray that anyone reading this, that may have lost a child, would turn to the Lord for the comfort strength and healing that He alone gives to those who seek Him.



1 comment:

Shelly said...

love you mom and thankful we'll get to meet chris again someday!